Air purifiers have always been advertised as great devices designed to improve the air quality, meaning to improve people’s lifestyle and health condition. What no one ever refers to are the cons that stand behind these devices, because they are not perfect and flawless. Before you buy an air purifier, you must know everything about them, including the pros and cons.
- The main advantage of using an air purifier is that they can retain air contaminants that can threaten your health. It’s a known fact that the indoor air is as polluted as the outdoor air, so air purifiers were developed for this precise reason, which is cleaning the air from all the impurities. Their success has been huge as people were convinced with their efficiency.
- The air in a home with an air purifier is five times cleaner than the air in a room where no air purifier has been put to work. This minimizes the level of indoor air pollution that is causing so many health problems. A wide range of air impurities can be absorbed and retained by the air purifier, including dust mites, mold spores, pollen, pet hair, pet dander, and even cigarette smoke.
- For air contaminants larger than 0.3 microns, most air purifiers include an HEPA filter which is the most reliable technology available on the market. These filters are very resistant and they add to the durability of the unit. They are so efficient that they can remove up to 99.9% of the impurities existing in the indoor air, thus increasing the performance of the air purifier. You can learn more about HEPA air purifiers by visiting the bestairpurifier.reviews website.
- There are many models of air purifiers available on the market and although they vary in particularities and price, most of them are very effective. A good unit can last up to 20 years under proper usage and maintenance, which means they can be considered a durable investment.
- What makes the air purifiers questionable is the fact that the HEPA versions require a lot of electricity to operate, which adds to your household’s bill. They are also more expensive to replace, although you won’t replace them too often.
- A serious concern is related to the ionic air purifiers that create ozone and must be avoided by people who suffer from allergies and asthma. The ozone is believed to be beneficial for our health because it protects us from the harmful sun rays, but the truth is that we are not actually exposed to ozone as the layer only exists high in the atmosphere. The ozone created by the air purifiers is harmful to our health because it can cause severe breathing problems.